Spirit Binder

Hit Dice: d8

Class Skills: Bluff (Cha), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Disguise (Cha), Linguistics (Int), Knowledge (arcana) (Int), Knowledge (history) (Int), Knowledge (religion) (Int), Knowledge (planes) (Int), Perform (Cha), Profession (Wis), and Spellcraft (Int).

Skill points per Level: 4 + Int modifier.

Level Base Attack Fort Ref Will Special Max Spirit Level
1 +0 +2 +0 +2 Bind Spirits, Constellation Aspects 1st
2 +1 +3 +0 +3 1st Pact Augmentation 1st
3 +2 +3 +1 +3 - 2nd
4 +3 +4 +1 +4 Bonus Feat 2nd
5 +3 +4 +1 +4 - 3rd
6 +4 +5 +2 +5 2nd Pact Augmentation, Bind Additional Spirit 3rd
7 +5 +5 +2 +5 - 4th
8 +6 +6 +2 +6 Bonus Feat 4th
9 +6 +6 +3 +6 - 5th
10 +7 +7 +3 +7 3rd Pact Augmentation, Bind Additional Spirit 5th
11 +8 +7 +3 +7 - 6th
12 +9 +8 +4 +8 Bonus Feat 6th
13 +9 +8 +4 +8 - 7th
14 +10 +9 +4 +9 4th Pact Augmentation, Bind Additional Spirit 7th
15 +11 +9 +5 +9 - 8th
16 +12 +10 +5 +10 Bonus Feat 8th
17 +12 +10 +5 +10 - 9th
18 +13 +11 +6 +11 5th Pact Augmentation, Constellation Mastery 9th
19 +14 +11 +6 +11 Spirit Mastery 9th
20 +15 +12 +6 +12 Bonus Feat, True Augmentation 9th

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: An spirit binder is proficient with all simple weapons and with light armor.

Bind Spirits: An spirit binder may seal pacts with spirits. Each day, the spirit binder may bind one spirit of his or her choice whose level is equal to or less than the maximum spirit level indicated on the table above. An spirit binder's binder level equals his or her spirit binder class level and an spirit binder's binding check is equal to 1d20 + the binder level + his or her Charisma modifier. The DC to resist the supernatural power of an spirit binder's granted abilities equals 10 + ½ the binder level + the Charisma modifier.

Binding Spirits
Occultist Spirits

Constellation Aspects: In addition to regular spirits, spirit binder may draw power from the constellations with which spirits align themselves. While performing a spirit's ceremony, an spirit binder may choose to increase the spirit's binding DC by 5 in order to add a constellation aspect to the list of minor granted abilities the spirit grants. The spirit bestows this power to the spirit binder even if the binding check fails. After the ritual is complete, the spirit binder selects a constellation aspect from the list of aspects that are associated with that bound spirit's constellation.

The decision to add a constellation aspect must be made before the binder rolls the binding check to determine if the pact is a good pact or a poor pact. A spirit binder may only have one constellation aspect per bound spirit at a time, with a maximum of four constellation aspects at 14th level.

Constellation Aspects

Pact Augmentation (Su): At 2nd level, a spirit binder may squeeze additional power from spirits. If the spirit binder makes a good pact with at least one of his or her bound spirits, then select one of the benefits listed below. Additional good pacts made beyond the first one do not allow for additional pact augmentations.

However, at 6th level and every 4 levels thereafter, the binder selects one additional pact augmentation when making a good pact with at least one of his or her bound spirits, to a maximum of 5 pact augmentations at 18th level.

A pact augmentation lasts for 24 hours or until the spirit binder is no longer bound to any spirits. An spirit binder may select a single pact augmentation multiple times. Bonuses gained from pact augmentations stack with themselves but not with similar bonuses gained from other sources (such as spirits).

  • Defense Augment: +1 insight bonus to AC and CMD. This bonus applies to both touch and flat-footed AC
  • Fortitude Augment: 25% chance to ignore critical hits and sneak attack damage (max. 75%)
  • Insight Augment: +2 insight bonus on initiative checks
  • Luck Augment: +1 insight bonus on all saving throws
  • Offense Augment: +1 insight bonus on attack rolls and CMB checks
  • Speed Augment: +5 foot enhancement bonus to base speed
  • Toughness Augment: Damage Reduction 1/- (this benefit does not stack with other sources of damage reduction)
  • Vicious Augment: +2 insight bonus on damage rolls
  • Vitality Augment: +5 hit points.

Bonus Feat: At 4th level and every 4 levels thereafter, an occultist gains a bonus occult feat or a binder secret. The occultist must meet all prerequisites for a bonus feat or a binder secret including the minimum binder level indicated, if any. These bonus feats are in addition to the feats that a character of any class gets from advancing levels. The occultist is not limited to occult feats when choosing those feats.

Bind Additional Spirits (Su): At 6th level and every 4 levels thereafter, an occultist gains the ability to bind one additional spirit to his or her soul, to a maximum of 4 spirits at 14th level.

Constellation Mastery (Su): At 18th level, an occultist no longer suffers an increase to a spirit's binding DC when adding a constellation aspect to the spirit.

Spirit Mastery (Su): At 19th level, an occultist may select 4 spirits and he gains a +1 bonus to the saving throw DCs of those spirits' granted abilities. This benefit stacks with other bonuses to the saving throw DCs of granted abilities. Alternatively, the occultist may forgo this bonus to instead ignore the spirit's influence when experiencing a poor pact with one of these spirits.

True Augmentation (Su): At 20th level, an occultist may extract the very essence of the spirit realm from his or her bound spirits, gaining abilities that transcend reality. Firstly, when an occultist makes a good pact with a spirit, that spirit's granted abilities (but not other supernatural or magical effects) continue to function while in an antimagic zone unless the antimagic spell's caster level (or the effect's CR, if it is naturally caused) is equal to or greater than the occultist's level.

Secondly, once daily for each bound spirit, an occultist may immediately end the exhaustion on that spirit's major granted ability, as a free action.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License